Daytona Beach: 5 adventures beyond the speedway
Daytona Beach is known for its speedway racing and being a destination for college students during spring break (and our savvy travellers also adore this sunny destination for its comfortable climate and friendly hospitality. However, Daytona Beach has much more to offer to visitors, making it a great place to extend your winter stay.
1. Festivals – Daytona Beach is home to several festivals throughout the year, including cultural, food, art, and music festivals.
2. Arts and Culture – Daytona Beach has a variety of galleries, museums, and theatres. Popular venues include the African American Museum of the Arts, Bulow Plantation Ruins State Historic Site, the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse, and the Museum of Arts and Sciences.
3. Golf – The Daytona Beach area has an abundance of beautifully landscaped golf courses for every skill level. It’s also the fastest growing golf destinations in Florida. Popular courses include The Club at Pelican Bay, the Halifax Plantation Golf Club, the Riviera Country Club, and the Cypress Head Golf Club.
4. Birding and Marine Life Discovery – The Daytona Beach area has several places to discover the birds and marine life that call the Florida coast home. North Peninsula State Park, just north of Daytona Beach, is home to snakes, tortoises, and several species of birds. Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge has several trails where visitors can have a chance to see several migratory birds throughout the refuge along with animals such as alligators, otters, and turtles.
5. Shopping – Daytona Beach is a shoppers paradise. There are malls, shopping districts, farmers markets, and flea markets throughout the area that are sure to please. Be sure to visit the Daytona Flea & Farmers Market on Bellevue Avenue to see what the 600 vendors are selling. The Daytona Beach Downtown Farmers Market and The Pavilion at Port Orange have several local merchants selling organic produce and crafts.
Learn more about our winter longstay program or follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on all our tours.